» LAST DAY TO ACCESS BLACKBOARD – September 8, 2023! Read about UVM’s archive plan on our FAQ page.
» STUDENTS looking for help can find it on this Knowledge Base article.
» Log in to brightspace.uvm.edu
» View upcoming trainings New postings for May!
UVM’s main goal during this transition is supporting faculty and academic staff as they learn Brightspace. As indicated on the Timeline page of this site, all UVM courses will be live on Brightspace by Fall 2023. There are also opportunities to volunteer to teach small-scale pilots this coming Summer. Our main focus this year is to help everyone who needs/wants, to be able to teach with confidence in Brightspace by Fall 2023.
UVM Knowledge Base articles about Brightspace
Book an appointment with CTL Staff
New Brightspace Community Site (UVM uses Classic Content)
Highlights of Brightspace
- Brightspace is a robust application with many features and tools. However, you don’t have to be a power user and “go big.” Brightspace has entry ramps for novice users and folks who want to build up their skills over time.
- Brightspace has many tools to support student academic success, such as:
- conditional release features
- “Intelligent Agents”
- the ability for instructors to easily provide video/audio feedback (with just a couple of clicks) throughout the course, and
- course-level analytics that provide useful information about how students are accessing course content and assignments
- Brightspace has a clean user interface that supports Universal Design for Learning and has tools to create accessible course materials in the system (I.e., automatic transcription for video/audio, ubiquitous “Accessibility Checker” in the text editor).
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org