Approval Process & Form


University departments, programs and officially recognized student groups interested in utilizing University marks on products for the group’s sole use or for fund raising purposes consistent with the group’s mission can do so. These groups or departments must apply through the Approval Form for Student Groups and Departments. Product manufacturers must pay a 6% royalty on the item. Manufacturers of items bearing University of Vermont’s marks, including the University of Vermont (UVM) name must be licensed. Manufacturers are requested to apply for license through normal University Licensing channels via CLC.

Internal Vendors

There are a number of licensed vendors that can help you obtain the merchandise you need. Many of these licensees are primarily apparel printers. But some can supply a number of other licensed goods such as inexpensive gifts, favors, and office-related merchandise.

University of Vermont Licensees

For a complete list of Vermont’s licensees please download University of Vermont’s Licensees by Category: Go to List of Approved Vendors , Choose University of Vermont in the ‘Pick a School’ drop down and click ‘Search’ to see vendor list.

Internal Process

For all internal requests with a current licensee or embroidery request, please confirm the vendor is licensed (see below), fill out this form Internal Licensing Waiver and email it to with the artwork in a jpeg or pdf included.


For further information, contact:

Krista Balogh
Associate Athletic Director
University Licensing Director
Adjunct Professor, CDAE & CESS
146 Patrick Gym
Burlington, VT 05405-0016
Phone: (802) 656-1744
Fax: (802) 656-8328

Skip to toolbar