Applications are being accepted for the 2024 Agroecology Extension (AX) Summer Research Fellowship, an educational initiative that links undergraduate students from across the country to research and outreach projects at UVM, through the summer Research and Extension Experience for Undergraduates.
The AX Fellowship is a fully paid, 10-week research and outreach experience open to undergraduates from across the US. It is a collaboration between UVM Extension and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, and coordinated by the Institute for Agroecology on UVM’s main campus in Burlington, VT.
This fellowship is designed for students who seek to deepen their knowledge of sustainable agricultural approaches and to develop transdisciplinary research and outreach skills. It will match undergraduate fellows with UVM faculty, staff, and graduate students engaged in a variety of applied research and outreach projects that include pest management, vegetable/berry farming, fruit tree farming, environmental science, and sustainable cropping systems, etc.
- The AX Fellowship starts May 28, 2024, and runs for 10 weeks, M-F 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Students will receive a $4,500 stipend.
- On-campus housing is provided.
- Takes place on-campus and in the field.
- Project locations are dependent upon mentor’s research and outreach.
- Personal transportation is preferred but not required.
Applications will be accepted through the UVM InfoReady Portal.
The application deadline is March 15, 2024.
For questions about the AX Fellowship or the application, please contact Scott Lewins (email@example.com).